(urth) Some Pirate Freedom thoughts and questions

"Fernando Q. Gouvêa" fqgouvea at colby.edu
Sun Dec 2 09:26:32 PST 2007

thalassocrat at nym.hush.com wrote:

> I bet he tells himself: "Surely God can't blame me any more than he
> does already for not stopping myself from committing a sin I've
> already committed in the past." Just as he tells himself: "Surely
> God will not blame me for breaking my vow of chastity, when that
> vow will have been made in the future, at the time I break it."

This is the clearest and best evidence for the "bad Chris" reading, I
agree.

Fernando

Fernando Q. Gouvea
Carter Professor of Mathematics
Colby College                     Editor, FOCUS
5836 Mayflower Hill               Editor, MAA Reviews
Waterville, ME 04901              http://mathdl.maa.org
http://www.colby.edu/~fqgouvea

Your lucky number is 3552664958674928. Watch for it everywhere.