(urth) Vonnegut (1922-2007)

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 16:09:41 PDT 2007

>stilskin skrev:
> > brunians at brunians.org snarked:
> >

> >>Not his fault, I suppose, that atheism is so much
> >>less interesting than Christianity.
> >

> > To Christians, perhaps.
>
>Well, I sort of agree with him. But then, I've always prefered fantasy
>to realistic literature.
>

>    // Jesper

"Interesting" is not a positive value judgment, and I suspect he didn't
intend it as one.

I sort of disagree, however, on Chestertonian grounds. Christians explain
the universe in terms of only a few simple beliefs. Atheists, on the other
hand, have to believe in a much wider and more bewildering array of
different things.