(urth) Vonnegut (1922-2007)

Matthew King automatthew at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 09:54:20 PDT 2007

The Arma Virumque blog has an interesting note on KV's passing, from
which:

Surely I'm not alone in having spent much of middle and high school
reading Kurt Vonnegut and then much of college sneering at anyone
gullible enough to read him. If Vonnegut’s novels are anything,
they’re easily outgrown, but what is easily outgrown is very often a
perfect place to start. I owe a lot to those books, for one thing the
ability to see their influence on some of today’s worst writing.

http://www.newcriterion.com/weblog/2007/04/kilgore-trout-was-here.html