(urth) bsharp

b sharp bsharporflat at hotmail.com
Fri May 26 06:28:27 PDT 2006

Bsharp has been my nom de internet for quite a while now. I wasn't sure how
important or revealed the members' vital statistics are for this community
so I held back on that.  I noticed some recent interest so I guess I ought
to pull back the curtain.  My stats are not at all fascinating, so I'll
reveal them.  I wouldn't want a false sense of mystery to color my posts.

I am male  age 45, married (twice) with 3 kids.  I have some East Coast
roots but have been a long time resident of Columbus, Ohio.  I was raised in
a very mild form of Judaism but have no religious convictions. My education
is primarily in Biology and Anthropology and my occupations have been mostly
as an educator, social worker and currently, as a very low level bureaucrat
in public health.

Like Thecla, I am slightly pleased that someone thought I might be of the
opposite gender. On the other hand, though my educational and occupational
background gives me a familiarity with such odd topics as homsexuality,
pedophila and transvestitism I have no personal inclinations in those
directions. (so remember that in regard to some of my future posts! lol).

I've read 5th Head of Cerberus, BotNS + Urth religiously, and most of
Wolfe's other older books.  I read the Long Sun series and felt the first
book was almost as good as Severian's tale but I was disappointed by the
last book and never got to the Short Sun or later work.  I think I will now
have to do that. But, as is obvious, I have a lot of issues to resolve in
BotNS first.

Thanks to all for giving me such a warm welcome!

-bsharp