(urth) Thecla as transvestite

b sharp bsharporflat at hotmail.com
Fri May 26 06:04:10 PDT 2006

I was always amused and puzzled by a scene, in a Severian dream, where he
turns into Thecla and she is pleased to find herself in men's clothing.

A recent web surf showed me that the original Thecla travelled around with
Paul, with her hair cut and jewelry removed, so she could pass as a man and
not be molested (by rapists or suitors).

Before that, there is a lot of imagery of  her sitting in a window (trays
and a rood?) to listen to Paul's preaching when she wasn't allowed to go
out.

bsharp