(urth) Father Inire

Roy C. Lackey rclackey at stic.net
Thu May 25 01:40:08 PDT 2006

Don Doggett quoted and wrote:
>And
>> you do know that Dorcas'
>> husband was present when Severian was saved from
>> drowning at the beginning
>> of SHADOW? I never did trust that girl.
>
>Don, reverting to his southern vernacular: "Do what?"
>(say again?)
>I don't have my books, Roy (never never never loan out
>your books) so can you do me a kindness and quote or
>paraphrase that one? This is the first I've heard of it.

I thought 'most everyone knew that. The last page of chapter II.
  I said, "I saw Malrubius."
  An old man, a boatman from his tar-stained clothes, took Roche by the
shoulder. "Who's that?"
  "Used to be Master of Apprentices. He's dead."
  "Not a woman?" The old man was holding Roche but looking at me.
  "No, no," Roche told him. "There are no women in our guild."