(urth) Baldanders

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed May 17 13:22:08 PDT 2006

The text, of course. Baldanders is a human scientist attempting
to achieve a kind of godhood. If this isn't clear, I can only say,
read more closely, especially the sequence (in CLAW) where the
touring company breaks up and, of course, the sequence (in
SWORD) in the castle by Lake Diuturna.

--Dan'l

On 5/17/06, pthwndxrclzp <aquastor at gmail.com> wrote:
> And you base your unequivocal conclusion upon...?
>

> On 5/17/06, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes <danldo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ummm ... no. Baldy is not a "baby Abaia," he is a human who
> > aspires to the state of Abaiahood. Given that Abaia seems to
> > be a kind of demonic being, this is equivalent to saying that
> > Baldanders is almost utterly corrupt. He is, I think, an example
> > of the "secular sorceror" that affectionate uncle Screwtape
> > tells his nephew will be Hell's ultimate achievement.
> >
> > --Dan'l

I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.
                        -- St Teresa of Avila
http://www.livejournal.com/users/sturgeonslawyer