(urth) Thecla/Hethor

Matthew King automatthew at gmail.com
Fri May 5 10:39:25 PDT 2006

On May 5, 2006, at 8:21 AM, b sharp wrote:

> Perhaps somewhere in the archives it was suggested that it meant
> Hethor
> killed his shipmates (and ate them or fed them to his pets?)

More evidence that we need a wiki.  Bless Google, but I can't find
things in the archive when I need them.

> Either way, I'll still stick to my interpretation on the Thecla,
> Hethor and
> maybe Appian connection, for now.

The paracoita does seem more important than a mere fembot, if only
because she is introduced in our introduction to Hethor.

His immediate assumption of familiarity with Severian in that scene
struck me today.  Is it possible that Hethor lives backward in time?
Does this mesh with the theory of a fallen counterpart to Tzadkiel?

I can't remember what happened at Severian's last encounter with
Hethor, which by this conjecture would be Hethor's first.

Matthew