(urth) Thecla/Hethor

b sharp bsharporflat at hotmail.com
Fri May 5 08:21:46 PDT 2006

Matthew, thanks for the correct text submission.  I should have waited until
my books were in front of me before posting.  And I had considered your
interpretation of "no shipmates" to mean "they are not my mates".

By interesting coincidence I was just discussing with a friend about how
Americans don't use the word "mate" by itself to mean friend, usually.  So I
still consider the phrase "no shipmates" to be a bit cryptic.

Perhaps somewhere in the archives it was suggested that it meant Hethor
killed his shipmates (and ate them or fed them to his pets?)

Either way, I'll still stick to my interpretation on the Thecla, Hethor and
maybe Appian connection, for now.