(urth) General Observation on Lupinologists (was Re: Urth before Earth)

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 10:53:07 PDT 2006

On 7/20/06, JWillard <aldenweer at charter.net> wrote:
> If we hadn't developed these 'crochets' I doubt we'd be subscribers
> to this list.  I'd much rather see these possibilities and readings
> pursued (supported in some way, of course) and argued than
> limited or dismissed.

I wasn't suggesting that they should be "limited or dismissed."

Rather, that we should take account of them, both in ourselves and
in other posters, as they emerge. Thus, I'm certainly not about to
dismiss B's suggestion that Fechin is Father Inire, but neither am
I simply accepting it; I would want to see it, as you say, supported,
by clear textual evidence (rather than "it fits the overall pattern"
-- _unless_ the pattern is already _overwhelmingly_ established).

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes, writer, trainer, bon vivant
-----