(urth) General Observation on Lupinologists (was Re: Urth before Earth)

Transentient transentient at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 12:09:13 PDT 2006

> I've come to realize that Wolfe interpreters tend to develop
> certain ... for want of a better word (obsession seems a
> touch too strong) crochets. I recognize two of my own: a
> tendency to see Christian/Catholic themes everywhere,
> and a belief that Wolfe is too tricksy for his own good. Others
> have harbored crochets about sentient trees, twin planets,
> and so on.

That's pretty funny. I just read Peace and two of the things I am
really stuck on about it are the fallen tree at the beginning of the
book, and the part where Alden and Margaret are in the barn looking
for the egg and Margaret mentions that it has the face of Jesus on
it, and is Alden worried about it being under a hen because he is
afraid it might hatch. :)