(urth) Severian's miraculous eclipse

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 13:29:46 PDT 2006

On 4/26/06, Roy C. Lackey <rclackey at stic.net> wrote:
> I don't think there's much room for doubt that the sun was wounded in
> Typhon's era. That's why he mentioned his scientists' errors in
> calculating the effects of the black hole. The decline in the sun's
> activity, in just a "few years", led to famine and riots.

Yep. In fact, I always took this to mean that Typhon's scientists
had actually _put_ the Black Hole into the Old Sun, at his
behest.

Why? Only speculations here -- perhaps as part of his plans to
return to the stars; perhaps because he felt that Urth really should
not continue once he was gone.

--Dan'l

--
I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.
                        -- St Teresa of Avila