(urth) Merryn and Triskele

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Wed Apr 5 21:29:27 PDT 2006

Adam Thornton wrote:
> So, uh, SilkHorn would seem to be going into the *future*.  Not
> merely outside the light cone, but into the future even if there IS a
> Universal Time (me, I don't see what's wrong with regarding the
> comoving frame as Really At Rest and thereby declaring time, relative
> to the comoving frame, to be Real Time, and applying relativistic
> shrinkage to everything else).

Shrinkage works both ways, but when frames are brought back to relative
rest, the one that has experienced greater acceleration has experienced
less duration. However, I don't think GW really believes in relativity,
or at least it doesn't have physical meaning in the New Sun books, and
by extension, the Long and Short Suns.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.io.com/~jwilson >