(urth) Merryn and Triskele

aramini1 at cox.net aramini1 at cox.net
Wed Apr 5 21:26:35 PDT 2006

<thalassocrat at nym.hush.com>

> >> Is it clear that more than a week passes _for Sev_? I ask because
> >> we know that at least some of the Narrator's astral travels are
> >> also
> >> travels in time...
> >
> > Do we know that? Not denying it, but I don't recall anything which
> > suggests time travelling.

You must know I'm a huge proponent of the idea that Silk can become unmoored in time, if he focuses on location.  The biggest argument against time travel is that that tyrant guy who was a sleeper on the whorl obviously says that a lot of time has passed on Urth and he no longer recognizes his city.

The best argument for time travel is more easily dismissed: when Inclito's mother tells of the man who dies from the snake tooth in her youth, somehow Silkhorn and Oreb (or a darned good facsimile of them) show up in the story, something that definitely happened in the past.  Maybe Silk heard the story, and that night when he fell asleep he went off to live it.  Or maybe, as those against time travel would say, she just told him into the story to screw with him.  Either way, it's weird.

Aramini