(urth) Soldier: Hegesistratus the Lame Lycanthrope

aramini1 at cox.net aramini1 at cox.net
Sat Apr 1 13:50:48 PST 2006

> From: "Chris" <rasputin_ at hotmail.com>
> >
> Well, one thing that I supposed was possible was that Ares might have been
> possessing Latro (the way he was wont to do in the Iliad) at the time when
> Latro received his injury. And perhaps that injury prevented him from
> leaving, or recognizing who he was.

I rather like this idea - Ares gets stuck in his head because of the injury.  Hmm.

The only other cogent solution I can think of is that, since Ahura Mazda is the God of good, and Pleistorus is rumored to be ahura mazda, then perhaps latro is a trial run for the theoanthropos: God tests out a human life cycle, and changes in the process from the old, violent God to the compassionate one of Christianity.  I wish there were some indication for exactly how long Pleistorus has been missing.  If it is only a year or two, then clearly he was simply possessing Latro.  If it was closer to twenty, he could have incarnated himself as a human in Rome, which will eventually create the Pax Romana - the entire world must be at peace for Christ to be born, as it purportedly was.

Marc