SV: (urth) cthulhu mythos, BotNS

Andy Robertson andywrobertson at clara.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 09:36:43 PDT 2005

pthwndxrclzp writes:

> What exactly are Erebus and Abaia's "powers"? Despite lots of scary
> intimations and background threats, it doesn't seem as if we really
> have much information on what such creatures can do, beyond some kind
> of low-level mind control (and perhaps having their lieutenants "swim"
> through time upon occasion). Or am I missing something?

Much like Cthulhu's.   They have half-human submarine servitors; they
control dreams; they will rise in the last days to take the world.   But
more to the point they control much of the Urth's surface through their
enslaved human servants.

They are not exactly GOO's but then Cthulhu was small beans compared to
chappies like YogSothoth or Azathoth.