(urth) Lexicon Urthus

James Wynn thewynns at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 22 09:58:44 PDT 2005

>...one could make an argument that online copies would not
>cannibalize a print-on-demand edition. At least for me, physical text
>is superior to bits, and worth paying for.

One could make that argument, but most people will never get around to actually crossing the line and buying a book -- particularly a $30 reference book -- if the same information is available for free...despite their best intentions. It's just human nature. Still, I'm surprised a third-party publisher has not successfully made a paperback offer that was financially worth Mantis' while.

I'm very proud of my particular copy, and I only wish more Gene Wolfe fans would visit my house so I could gloat over it.