(urth) Mamelta is Kypris?

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 08:45:24 PDT 2005

On 7/6/05, nastler <nastler at yahoo.dk> wrote:
> Marc Aramini skrev:
> "But quite soon now, as the swift floater sailed over
> a landscape grown liquid, his mother would come to
> kiss him good-night; he liked to be awake for it, to
> say distinctly, 'good night to you, too Mama,' when
> she left. He resolved not to sleep until she came"

[...]

> Kypris is Mother!  and she is probably Mamelta, too.
> Now I understand why the Mamelta scene is so familiar

Well ... and for what it's worth ... the scene is also
familiar, at least to those who have read Proust,
because it echoes a great deal of the 'Ouverture'
from "Du Cote de Chez Swann." Young Marcel
spends a lot of time agonizing about how he can't
get to sleep unless Mama comes up and gives
him a goodnight kiss, etc.

--Dan'l

--
I do not fear Satan half so much as I fear those who fear him.
                        -- St Teresa of Avila