(urth) Ormsby, Michael and Setr

Andy Robertson andywrobertson at clara.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 12:39:30 PST 2005

Well the exact meaning of "setr" is "dairy-pasture" according to the Viking
Answers Lady (whom it might be well to bookmark).

http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/

> Surtur isn't JUST a "primeval" fire giant: he remakes the world
> after Ragnarok,

Pish tosh.  Mere Christian interpolation that.  Ragnarok is the end.

And Surtur doesn't remake the world (I don't know where you heard that), he
burns it all up.

Also Muspelheim is traditionally Surtur's realm, one of the Nine Worlds

***First of worlds was Muspellheim, in the Southern regions. It is bright
and hot. That place is aflame, and burning and it is impassable to those who
are not native to it. There is one called Surt who is stationed there at the
frontier to defend that land. He has a flaming sword and at the end of the
world he will go and wage war and burn the whole world with fire***

(Prose Edda)

Still, I suspect Wolfe may be trying to smuggle in something else.   What???

and