(urth) Sinew's parentage

Chris rasputin_ at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 21 15:46:50 PST 2005

This isn't as good as a reasoned argument for the subject, but for what it's
worth I got the same impression fairly directly - that is, the scenario with
Horn/Marrow/Nettle had taken place, and that Horn strongly suspected he was
not Sinew's father. I almost want to say "knew", but there's a sort of deep
ambivalence in Horn about his own relationship with Sinew that gave me the
impression that he had some doubts that he might have been Sinew's father
after all.

I don't know that there's anything there that establishes beyond a doubt who
Sinew's father is. It shouldn't matter, ultimately, and I don't think this
is something Horn needs to discover because he knows it from the beginning;
this isn't the only thread of the book which brings out a tension between
knowing the right way to behave/live and actually living that way.