(urth) Palaemon as Hierodule

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sun Feb 18 19:51:35 PST 2018

I've been reading bits of Borski, with whom I am not very familiar.

He proposes that after Palaemon was exiled (at the same age as
Severian), rather than returning, he was replaced by a masked Hierodule
who watches over Severian.

He further proposes that there are only two Hierodules, male and female,
and that these aliens are also Inire and the Cumaean, among others.
Palaemon himself then became the unnamed Old Leech who travels with Vodalus.

Is this theory widely accepted ?

---