(urth) Lictor

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 07:40:09 PST 2018

This is the issue with allusions in Wolfe - sometimes the extratextual ones
are essentially external confirmation of our suspicions, but they are
usually chosen around a unifying theme. Given the prominence of Sun rebirth
death sacrifice etc etc etc in new sun any conceivable connection to a cult
of Mithras in incidental details is intentional and reinforcing at best and
aptly coincidental at worst- still worth mentioning. It is when theme does
not arrant it tht we travel the slippery slope of, for example, navigator
as jfk.