(urth) Fwd: Re: Urth is a colonised planet

Ab de Vos foxyab at casema.nl
Fri Sep 29 10:18:36 PDT 2017

They may be colonists in the sense of random settlers in another
country, like ex-pats. But not in the sense of a imperialistic
colonization scheme such as in Cerberus. There is I believe no
indication that the autarch is subjected to the kakogens which would
have pointed to a foreign power ruling. A foreign power ruling
indigenous elites is a sure sign of colonization, like the Dutch East
Indies.

By the way. Yesterday I read in a piece about Lovecraft that Urth means
'fate' and also 'turn' or 'bend' in Old Norse. The word 'weird' is
derived from it. I was always thinking 'urth' was a simple
bastardization of earth. Anybody knew this? It was a surprise to me.
Fate and the turning of deep time.