(urth) George R. R. Martin on Gene Wolfe

Charles Gillingham charlesgillingham at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:14:42 PDT 2015

This "controversy" bores me. The Hugo's are a popularity contest, nothing
more. Even though I don't think GRRM is that great of a writer, *Storm of
Swords* lost to a Harry Potter book!

Again, too bored to look into this on my own. I would like to know when the
Puppies say the awards became rigged. Vernor Vinge has own three times, and
he's a super right wing stateless capitalist! But its fair to say there
might be collusion going on. I don't want to drag us down into unproductive
ideological "debates", but there is a culture war going on right now. Both
sides band together to raid polls or websites and what not all the time.
And this stupid meme of "don't real straight white male authors for a year"
might be evidence that there was prior collusion the Hugo's. So collusion
counters collusion, more people pay attention to sci fi, everyone and no
one wins.