(urth) Plant/Animal

Jeffery Wilson clueland.com jwilson at clueland.com
Wed Sep 17 09:00:26 PDT 2014

On 9/17/2014 8:57 AM, Marc Aramini wrote:

>     The tale of the origin of Hieros is twisted and confused. But I
>     think there is an implication that
>
>     they are ultimately derived from human stock.

Do you mean literally the vanished Hieros, whom are only referred to but
are said to be the orignal human race ascended beyond the cycle of
bang-gnabs, or the Hierogramates, who were uplifted from the
unintelligent life outside the earth by the vanished Hieros and in turn
made the other Yesodis? Almost certainly some of the Hieros are in the
'gramates woodpile, IMO.

> There is a term I now
>     forget,  in animal husbandry
>
>     which describes taking extreme variants and rebreeding them with the
>     original stock for genetic
>
>     robusticity. I kinda think that may be what Wolfe is getting at here.

"Hybrid vigour" works with any diverse genepool to produce breeds with
the best qualities of previous lines while hopefully lacking their
weaknesses.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab