(urth) You have the wrong creation you ninny - eschatology and genesis

Lee severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 07:28:09 PDT 2014

I don't see any purpose in Wolfe introducing the sequential

universe model in Citadel of the Autarch. Why bring up other

universes if we aren't ever going to see them and everything

happens right here in our universe?

>Gerry Quinn: To explain the Yesodi.

The Yesodi characters of Apheta, Venant and Tzadkiel have not

been introduced in Citadel of the Autarch. In fact, Wolfe did

not have plans to write UotNS while Citadel was being written.

It is Malrubius who tells Severian about the multiple universe

structure of the cosmos but we are given no reason to think that

he or B, F and O come from another universe. They are just "aliens"

not of Urth.

So I find the only reason to introduce such an outré concept as

multiple universes so late in the story is not to explain where

the characters are from but to explain where we, the Earth

readers, are from and thus where Urth really is.