(urth) You have the wrong creation you ninny - eschatology and genesis

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 06:55:04 PDT 2014

Yes, we need to see the goal mankind strives toward, the real point of
Severian's narrative, transcendence into something else and the yesodis.

If all these characters have access to previous iterations and cycles and
knowledge, then what is the real difference in cycles of creation and
merely traveling through time?  God can reach through them as easily as
Jonas, one would imagine, and Christ either valid for creation or not.
Otherwise the yesodis and even Jonas have access to powers denied to the
Increate.   Is Christ then the only one bound into cycles? One would
imagine the cycles would not allow such leakage of Lewis Caroll if God
himself is limited to a particular cycle.

(Of course with this argument I have backed myself into a theological
corner - why couldn't Christ have saved all those who came before him if
God is truly outside of time?  That's okay though - let's keep it SFnal.)