(urth) 5HC

Lee severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 4 07:46:00 PDT 2014

>Richard Simon: I begin to weary of this...

There are various tactics and strategies to win a debate. One is

to wear down your opponent with stubbornness and win by attrition.

Last word wins?

Here in America, such a principle is actually a part of our

governance. If a Congressman can continually speak for a couple

days in a "filibuster" he can outlast his opponents and stymie

an opposed bill being passed simply by using up all the allotted

time. Sigh, such is the god-forsaken land that I love so dearly.

Actually I don't know if filibusters are allowed in the parliaments

of other nations. Any insight or knowledge on this would be

appreciated.