(urth) barrington interview

Lee severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 10:52:19 PDT 2014

>Dave Lebling: What then are those two points

I am hoping my last post clarified two points that Antonio has mentioned,

one more logic based and one more science based.

1. "Math is universal" is a disguised version of the unprovable negative

statement:  "There are no exceptions to math application in the universe"

I keep wondering if those who hold the above position are really meaning

to say "There are no exceptions to math application in the KNOWN

universe" in which case we may all be able to agree and go home.

2. The human brain receiving information on planet earth is not a sufficient

tool which does not have access to enough information to make a claim

about the infinite universe. This is more subject to opinion than #1 but I

think the observation of the limits of the human brain and the earth as a

vantage point should be apparent to anyone considering this issue. How

can such obvious limits simply be dismissed in a discussion of an infinite

universe?