(urth) barrington interview

Jeffery Wilson clueland.com jwilson at clueland.com
Fri Oct 17 08:02:31 PDT 2014

On 10/17/2014 7:12 AM, Lee wrote:
> Quite a different statement to say that art is a superhuman ability.

Which is one reason I didn't make that statement. I'm saying that
artifacts can exceed the capabilities of their mortal creators as well
as lack some of their flaws, which is one of the reasons for making
artifacts at all.

> Dan'l made the suggestion that some human endeavors (including prayer?)
>
> can put humans in touch with the superhuman/infinite, as an article of his
>
> faith. I have no problem with that belief, stated that way.
>

> But I can't see how statements about art or math transcending the human
>
> condition make sense, without invoking belief in God.

Do you believe there is no room for improvement of man without
encountering the divine?

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab