(urth) barrington interview

Jeffery Wilson clueland.com jwilson at clueland.com
Thu Oct 16 23:53:54 PDT 2014

On 10/16/2014 2:50 PM, Lee wrote:
>> Rick Norwood: Humans and pre-humans have made numerous
>> constructions that transcend the limitations of the homind condition.
>> Cave paintings, however fanciful, record the existence of people with
>> culture and behaviors that are discernable across a gap of tens of
>> thousands of years, utterly beyond an oral tradition.
>

> You are saying humans are not capable of art or history. I truly do not
>
> understand that statement.

I wrote that, not Rick. On the contrary, I am saying that art transcends
the flaws of history, because the cave paintings implicitly record
things about people who did not yet have the ability to record explicit,
written history.

I recall now that you apparently use some crap misconfigured e-mail
program that doesn't properly quote and attribute forcing you to do it
by flawed hand and flawed memory, and I think your poor technology
experience in general may be coloring your attitudes about all human
product.

--
Jeff Wilson - < jwilson at clueland.com >
A&M Texarkana Computational Intelligence Lab