(urth) barrington interview

Lee severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:16:41 PDT 2014

>Dan'l:   While I might concede the limits of the human brain (given sufficient evidence

>to do so), it has been demonstrated (note I do *not* say "proven") repeatedly that the

>vantage point does not matter - that the universe looks the same from wherever you look

>at it. This is, among other things, one of the basic assumptions of relativistic physics.

That is, indeed an assumption which is made. Why is it made? Because that's all we have to

work with right now. Scientist don't just want to stop doing physics, so they make that

assumption and run with it. For now.

Keep in mind, modern scientists are using the exact same tool (the human brain) that

flat earthers, philogiston believers and alchemists  were using. Those very intelligent

people also did their best with what the evidence they had at their disposal.

For some 300 years, Newtonian physics was considered "universal". Now it isn't.

Someday, math may join Newtonian physics in the realm of "limited applicability". I don't

see how that possibility can be denied.