(urth) resurrecting a 2002 thread that posits an alternative lineage for Sev

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 07:10:24 PDT 2014

Your assessment fits my understanding of American roman Catholicism in
general (I am Catholic). The catechism has a clause that says one need
never have heard of Jesus to be saved, but that belief in Him is the path
we know to be true.

I remember kids arguing with me when I was in grade school "you worship
Mary" and I thought it asinine. Reverence and respect and asking someone in
a position of favor to intercede on your behalf is not truly worship -
though it does assume that the one you address has powers and favor beyond
yours.