(urth) Severian's Mausoleum

Norwood, Frederick Hudson NORWOODR at mail.etsu.edu
Fri Nov 21 10:40:32 PST 2014

I think the significant thing is not that the door could never be closed, but rather that when you closed it, it didn't stay closed.  I get an image of Severian lying down to go to sleep and -- creeeeeeeeeek -- the door opens!

It's been so long since I read the book that I don't remember, is there any chance that the door opening, seemingly of its own accord, is a clue?

Rick Norwood