(urth) Short Story 71: Silhouette

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 12:59:46 PDT 2014

Yes I realized grit went to bring the escape pod to the hydroponic module,
but it isn't clear if she is in it at the end.

Do time quanta exist?  Light certainly emits photons, and the history of
black body radiation made me wonder if the shadow and Algol were being
brought into this discussion of time and velocity thematically.  Perhaps in
a pseudoscientific and impossible reversal, when the shadow is seen it must
emit a wavelength at the speed of light, because the observer sees it.  At
those speeds it cannot act inside time. when unseen, sublight speed quanta
can be emitted in time to allow communication, but that's all pseudoscience
trying to explain why they can't talk when seen, and assuming that
observation actually prompts a waveform emission at the speed of light
rather than simply existing In the first place (almost like the observer
fixes them in place). The Gorgon's head of Algol might be just as useful an
explanation.

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014, Gerry Quinn <gerry at bindweed.com