(urth) May 2014 Wolfe interview in _Technology Review_

Fernando Q. Gouvea fqgouvea at colby.edu
Mon Jul 28 06:02:17 PDT 2014

It's a very interesting interview, much less cagey than usual for Wolfe.
The straightforward "He's a ghost" about Weer, and even more the
statement that Marsch "knows he's not a real Earthman, but he's trying
to talk himself into believing that he is".

Fernando

On 7/27/2014 9:56 PM, Gwern Branwen wrote:
> TR has published a lengthy interview with Gene Wolfe. It asks plenty
> of standard questions, but also some interesting ones about some of
> the short stories which have come up recently, particularly "Tracking
> Song" and "The Hero as Werwolf".

Fernando Q. Gouvea         http://www.colby.edu/~fqgouvea
Carter Professor and Chair
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics
Colby College              Editor, Carus Mathematical Monographs
5836 Mayflower Hill        Editor, MAA Reviews
Waterville, ME 04901       http://www.maa.org/publications/maa-reviews

Because as I look around at the state of this nation and see all of the weak little pampered candy-asses that are whining about this or protesting that, I'd be afraid to leave the fate of this nation entirely up to them.
   -- First Lt. Bruce Bishop explains why he plans
    to re-enlist in the Utah National Guard