(urth) Overthinking/Underthinking "The Fifth Head of Cerberus"

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 10:16:44 PDT 2014

 I understand why you won't accept them, but it would be impossible for me
to make those kind of connections to specific repetitive descriptions
(staff/stork/heron-like/leg injuries or paralyzation/abo girl expressing
chagrin over travelling far by foot) in an alien's leg and a human's leg
in, say, Rama II or any other book by Wolfe.  How many cities do you know
that are specifically identified by the parts of a hand and just happen to
have streets named after larva and cities named after mimicry?  If you
think that's random, cool.  I understand, but I certainly couldn't make
those kinds of extremely specific associations in any other work.  Let's
just agree to disagree