(urth) Overthinking/Underthinking "The Fifth Head of Cerberus"

Marc Aramini marcaramini at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 12:02:27 PDT 2014

The end of "A Story" hinges on a very ambiguous switch: indeterminacy
between Lander and aboriginal, indeterminacy between Eastwind and
Sandwalker.  Though of course in the final analysis it is Eastwind and the
abos who actually survive, though both groups believe them to be the other
Sandwalker and the Landers.

The switch for Eastwind is a bite, and in that way it tells the origin
story of the shadow child Marsch.  This is the climax of A Story, and the
climax of the origin as well.