(urth) Silk or Horn?

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 4 06:04:54 PDT 2013

>Marc Aramini: Horn had that attachment to sea wrack, but silk confused
>this with hyacinth in his mind.  He was programmed, I think, to love Mother
>and listen to her.

Mother? I associate the giant sea god/monster of Blue with Echidna (the greek
"mother of all monsters").

Seawrack is a siren and Echidna (the Whorl goddess) has daughters named Molpe
and Thelxiepeia, both siren names from mythology. A siren can surely be seen
as a monster, at least as dangerous to Odysseus as Scylla.

I think it is fairly clear that Silk and Hyacinth were programmed for
fatal attraction via the Pas-Kypris connection. At the end of RttW, that
surgeon guy even explicitly refers to "PasSilk" to express the combination.

So, yes, Seawrack's singing was presented as a similar sort of programming for
Horn. Perhaps the Seawrack-Hyacinth connection is a Wolfean acknowledgement that
Kypris/Aphrodite was a goddess with a sea origin.

>For what it's worth I see short sun as the less noble man sacrificing himself for the
>more noble one, and the more noble one being unable to accept the sacrifice, to want
>to undo it and sacrifice his very self to bring back his student - but he can't.

Understood and accepted.