(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 110, Issue 10

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 11 04:58:54 PDT 2013

This time line is exacerbated by the decimal slip in maytera's thoughts at one point in long sun.  You know, 300 years, 3000 years, whatever.

I think Wolfe intended the relationship to be literal but impossible to prove, a nagging feeling of possibility that requires a sophisticated physical and biological mechanism just hinted at throughout.  Enough equation between the city of the inhumi and Nessus and enough synchronicity between the mythic re-enactment of a man with a sword and a light letting free the waters and clearing out a sewer to be an echo of Severian's myth on Green.

Hybridization equals INSTANT Speciation.  Eat em all, spit em out.  Could be very little time for the few animals left on urth to be changed.

Sent from my iPhone