(urth) Suggestions for podcast episode on "Peace"

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 08:52:53 PST 2013

I am in 1974 on Wolfe's fiction ... If you want I can write a fairly comprehensive essay by the end of November on 1975's Peace along with a general "metonymic reading" strategy for Wolfe's work.

I will have to skip over Forlesen and come back to it, as the novellas take too long to thoroughly explore.

Lots of excellent work has been done on Peace because Wolfe gave away the key details in an interview without obfuscation, so there is less room for disagreement. I believe it is collected in Wright's Shadows of the New Sun (not the tribute anthology)

Sent from my iPhone