(urth) Agilus and Agia

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Thu May 2 07:33:16 PDT 2013

On 5/2/2013 10:05 AM, aaron wrote:
> Never considered that Hethor and Father Inire might in some way be
> related.  It seems so obvious now that you mention it.  Oh, to D.S.-
> Wolfe's response was in answer to the question of Father Inire's on-
> stage appearance in the Book.  I never doubted the character's
> existence, but his non-appearance is something that has intrigued me
> for some time.

Whew! That's better.

Wolfe's answer is accurate, then---Inire's appearances ARE like the cat
in the box: he's both there and not there. It's interesting that he
doesn't seem to do anything at these suspected appearances; for the most
part, he's just "there." (Or not.) They're nonessential clues. We can
take them or leave them.