(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: _Home Fires_, 1982 roundtable

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 10:00:38 PDT 2013

The old man who sells Vanessa the furniture and the suicidal shaving knife wears some interesting clothes.  Skip says " I have forgotten the old man's name; I remember everything else ... The jeans and the blue rubber soled shoes from eastasia." Could this relationship, between Skip and the old man with his little shop, be deeper and Skip forgetting the name signs of some other mental interference, in light of eastasia's forgetful unaware spies?  Perhaps this is why Mort pununto, executed for being a spy by Chelle, is brought up several times.