(urth) Gene Wolfe Covers

Stephen Hoy stephenhoy at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 08:13:53 PST 2013

just noticed Claw of the Conciliator translated into French as "La Griffe du demi-dieu"...at first glance, seems an intrusive choice by the translator. Why 'demi-dieu' over 'conciliateur'?  I suppose the former may have the merit of invoking demi-gods like Hercules, but I think it skirts the idea of a redemptive intermediary that conciliator bears with it.