(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: more _Land Across_

Antonin Scriabin kierkegaurdian at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 12:48:24 PST 2013

The Singularity is a pretty popular trope in modern, mainstream sci-fi.
Charles Stross' "Accelerando" and Harrison's "Light" come to mind. I didn't
particularly care for either one, I think it makes for lazy writing. Tech
becomes magic, but characters aren't mystified, they are experts. It is
easy to explain away problems in the narrative.