(urth) Thecla's "Identity"

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 09:57:56 PDT 2013

Rose:

Some wonderful insights, with which I would pick but two nits:

The feast in the forest is specifically a _perversion_ of the Eucharist,
which Severian by his nature purifies (this is why his "copy" of Thecla's
memories is more powerful than is usual for these feasts -- indeed she
seems to be resurrected in him).

And second, Jesus' last words in John (second-to-last by Tradition: we
Catholics have a traditional view of the Seven Words from the Cross, and
say that His very last words were "Father, into Your hands I commend my
spirit") were not "Summatum est" but "Consummatum est," it is completed.

--Dan'l

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes