(urth) fifth head owlet- wolf‏‏

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 14:09:09 PDT 2013

>Jerry Friedman: "Industrious" and "productive" are interesting words to use there.
>Wolfe has used weak pseduo-human parasites who live by their deceptive abilities as
>figures of horror in 5HoC and BotSS, and maybe TWK (the Aelfr, though they're not
>that horrible).  Is there political and economic significance in this?

I truly think so.

Furthermore, given the conflation of Horn's children with the inhumi in Short Sun, I
think Wolfe takes the human principle of anti-parisitism and demonstrates the ambiguity
of feelings which occur when such parasitism finds a place in one's own family.

And I do think there is some veiled autobiography going on there.