(urth) Thea's Identity

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 08:25:19 PDT 2013

A man could produce a daughter clone from his sex cells if random assortment or doubling was done according to the technique number five describes in fifth head (in theory)- a woman could have only female clones as all her cells would lack the Y chromosome unless genetic insertion and real extra engineering where going on. Scrambling and reassembling a genome is way more complicated (except through sex, of course) than just transcribing the existing pattern in a differentiated cell.

The challenge for the early cloners was to undifferentiate a cell- freshly fertilized  cell division is not specific, but soon specificity will arise and cloning my liver cell will get you my liver cell.

Sent from my iPhone