(urth) Thecla's "Identity"

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 4 05:39:25 PDT 2013

There are certain buzz words Thecla uses that indicates her deeper association with Vodalus, like pelagic depths.   I think she mentions an argosy but my memory is not as solid on that one.

Historical events can resonate at times  but I feel Wolfe often references explicitly by name (Peter Palmer, for example) and we should consider Wolfe's natural sympathies in the reflection of such an execution if he decides to make a main character reflect that.

A book like Melville' the confidence man is much easier to link to real public  and literary figures than most.
Ever read coover's A public burning? Great book.