(urth) Inhumi eyes and names

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 13:01:27 PDT 2012

David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net> wrote:
"Strike the scaffold, boys!"

Cheeky so and so...

"You're saying the same thing I am, except my example was drawn from
straightforward realism and you are expanding it to non-realism."

Well, 'non-realism' is a bit loaded - I'd rather say you drew your example
from 'straightforward realism' (inverted commas intentional) and I drew
mine from, say, 'magical realism' or 'mythical realism' or 'supernatural
naturalism' or some such thing.  (All of the latter being, to Wolfe's own
stated view at least, more amenable to his fiction than so-called
straightforward realism.)

-DOJP